Stripping and waxing is a process that is specifically for VCT, vinyl, linoleum, epoxy and acrylic flooring. It refers to the process of completely removing the pre-existing wax coating and reapplying fresh layers of wax that will give your floors the cleanliness and shine you expect. Stripping and Waxing your floors includes stripping away all of the damaged coating and applying a new sealer and finish.
We believe that stripping and waxing floors are an important part of keeping your facility clean and presentable. High-traffic areas are prone to dirt and grit and this can give an otherwise beautiful floor an appearance that leaves a lot to be desired.
Our Complete Strip and Wax process is as follows:
1. Apply the stripper with water according to labeled specs
2. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes letting the cleaner sit on the floor in order to break down the dirt, grease, and grime (you will start to see the floor bubble more and more letting you know the floor is ready to be scrubbed)
3. Use Industrial Floor Scrubbing machine to scrub floors
4. Edge by hand all edges, corners and any hard to reach areas
5. Wet vac all water and stripper solution as quickly as possible not allowing the finish to dry back onto the floor
6. Neutralize the floor with a citric acid base product
7. Wet vac the neutralizer
8. Mop with clean water and wet vac again
9. Use high powered fans low to the floor to dry floors completely
10. Dry dust mop the floor one more time sometimes using a shop vac to get every spec of dirt and small debri off the floor for the finish application
11. Apply 4-5 layers of finish
12. Allow the finish to cure for at least 24 hours and then burnish the floors to burn the finish down giving an even coating throughout.
Floor Maintenance on Finished Floors:
A waxed floor is attractive to customers and will enhance the overall appearance of your store front, office building or place of business. Once you’ve invested money into a shiny brand new
looking floor, you will want to maintain the longevity of the existing finish. It is important to consistently sweep and mop the floors regularly to prevent scratching and build up in your finishes. The best maintenance besides daily dust mopping is floor buffing. We recommend this on a weekly basis or at the very least every month. This will allow your finish to last longer and keep bringing the floors back to a shiny state. Have your floors cleaned at least every 2-3 months with an auto scrubber and apply a coat of wax if the floor starts to dull a bit. To maintain a wax or finished floor there are some basic guidelines to follow. Use cold water with a waxed floor. When mopping the floors, you want to make sure to use a neutral floor cleaner with a pH level of 7. Make sure to use rugs at all your entrances to stop people from dragging in dirt, rocks and small debri from outside which could potentially ruin your finish. We recommend having your floors completely stripped and waxed every 8-10 months on heavily traffic areas or every year on low to medium traffic areas.